Rendezvous2009 – Day 6

Sunday, August 9, 2009.  Yesterday after our visit to the Cheyenne Public Library, Scott and I drove around Cheyenne for a while, seeking out a grocery store to pick up a few things we needed for this morning’s breakfast, then topped off the tank and returned to our campsite.  We were gone a lot longer than we anticipated we would be, partially because we also needed to stop up at the Happy Jack Rd. rest area for more water.  The pump up there is pretty slow… it took nearly 5 minutes each to fill our two 6 gallon water jugs.  We started filling the 20 gallon water bladder, but that was going to take so long that we decided against it.  As it turned out we really didn’t need it!

Back at camp, Tom was just finishing cello practice.  Ray was off partying.  The girls were… up to something, not sure what, but they were away from their campsite.  Scott marinated the steak, and I am not really sure what I did!

Dinner of fajitas & wine was magnificent!  Then, Tom took off to find the parties while Scott and I cleaned up and then enjoyed a little quiet time at the trailer.

This morning, we were up by 7:00 and started breaking camp.  The ladies showed up at 9:45 after breaking their site down, and loading their trailer.  As has been the norm, we had a delightful breakfast… Ray cooked omelets.  (Hmmm… that’s how spell checker said to spell it, but it doesn’t quite look right to me!)… and Tom fried up some more bacon.

We did have a bit of an alarm cooking… Tom was also going to make raisin toast, but all the electric shut down when he plugged in the toaster.  We hunted through all the fuses and the GFCI trying to find out what went wrong.  It turns out the generator overloaded and stopped functioning.  We had to power it off, then restart it to get electricity flowing again… by which time, Tom had toasted the raisin bread on the grill… MMMmmmmm!

By noon we were on the road after once again experiencing a little problem… the stabilizer pins were NO WHERE to be found!

It’s now 1:55 Mountain Time, and we’re just inside Nebraska.  It doesn’t look like we’ll be home tonight.  So we’ll probably just stop for the night around Grand Island.  I’ll post this then!

UPDATE: Well, we decided to tough it out, and drove on to Council Bluffs.  We got home this morning at 12:30 a.m.  Now, we have to go get the camper from the parking lot at the corner and take it to the storage site!


Get every new post delivered to your Inbox

Join other followers